Gracie is home!

Thank you everyone –  WE FOUND HER!

I got a call this morning (8:12am) from Marty who drives for Smith Bros Farms. He said he thought he saw Gracie near the intersection of Marine View Drive and Normandy Terrace but he had to leave her to backtrack a block to get my number off one of our signs. I drove down there and called and called, finally I started heading back up the hill and at Brittany Place… I saw her. She was standing on the corner sniffing the air and I stopped the truck and called her name. She turned but looked poised to run, I called again and she ran to me full speed and threw herself on the ground on her back at my feet. I grabbed her, hugged her and quickly pushed her into the truck thru the window where she jumped all over Rob screaming the whole time! Just then Marty pulled up and we hugged like lottery winners!

By 8:36 I had given her a pile of the dog cookies I keep in the truck and we were driving home with her still squeeking, me singing “We got you, We got you” over and over and Rob flapping his tail so hard it sounded like I had an egg-beater running in the jump seat. She is dirty, smells funny according to Rob, and most of her pads are peeled like open blisters, otherwise she is perfect and even still has her collar on. I’ll get her to her vet this afternoon to weigh her and see how dehydrated she is.

Thank you everyone! All those signs, calming thoughts and eyes on the ground made all the difference. Now, time to put a screen-roof on the dogyard.

Image
Driving home, she is falling asleep already
Image
there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed!
About these ads

11 Comments on “Gracie is home!”

1. saneromeo says:

Congrats, just browsing through, and saw this warming story. Nothing like your best friend coming back to you!

2. Erika says:

I’m so ecstatic! I’ve got tears in my eyes as I read this. But, I have had a smile on my face ever since you told me you found you. Such a beautiful coming home story. THANK YOU Mr. Smith Brothers!!!

3. Prem says:

Glad you’ve finally found her, what a relief! She’ll most likely be sleeping to regain back the lost energy. :)

4. Judy Boyer says:

😊😊😊😊😊😊 We are thrilled. Your diligence paid off. Your family is intact. Lucky, lucky, Gracie!

Sent from my iPhone

5. lisa says:

Thank the LORD you found her!!!! I’m so happy for you guys! :)

6. Susan Jolissaint says:

So happy your story had such a happy ending.
    (Erika’s Mom)

7. Teri Powell says:

Absolutely over the moon!!!!! So thrilled that you found her! So happy that everyone in your family is accounted for.

8. Katie says:

What a big smile she has in her own bed!!! Awe. I am so thrilled for everybody!!!

Please comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 440 other followers