The drywall, or sheetrock as Kevin calls it, is up but has not been inspected yet so we won’t get any tape or mud on it until Monday. What is the difference between sheetrock and drywall, you ask? see below…
Here is what Wikipedia says about drywall:
Drywall (also known as plasterboard, wallboard or gypsum board) is a panel made of gypsum plaster pressed between two thick sheets of paper. It is used to make interior walls and ceilings. It is also an excellent quick DIY repair tool. Drywall construction became prevalent as a speedier alternative to traditional lath and plaster. In many places, the common term is a genericized trademark such as gib, sheetrock, or gyproc.
I found these Ten Promises on the Salty Dog website and couldn’t resist sharing. Salty Dog Rescue is the group we adopted Gracie from one year ago. Here is the blogpost if you missed it: Made in Taiwan.
Note to those who have emailed me… Yes, I noticed that they are phrased as statements from the dog rather than as promises to the dog but that is how they have them on the website and I think they are all really good points so I didn’t want to change them, Enjoy!
Ten Promises To Your Dog
1. My life will last from ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful for me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me…it’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Please remember: You have your friends, your work, your entertainment. I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me I will never forget it.
7. Before you ever strike me please remember I have teeth that could hurt you but I do not bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, please ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
9. Take care of me when I get old.
10. Go with me even on the most difficult journeys.
Everything is easier for me if you are there…remember that I love you.
And just because, here are some pix of our dogs, past and present…