Yes, I am a Teaching Company Junkie.
No, I am not an affiliate and I don’t get a kick-back or anything, but I received this today and decided that rather than just tell you about it I would share it here. I miss walking Freya and listening to lectures on Alexander the Great, Chaucer and Jung.
What topics do they have?
- You’ll see from the 12 offered below that they have a wide selection!
Are they really that good?
- Simply, yes. These teachers are the best as voted by their peers, students and Universities.
Who would listen to these?
- Anyone taking a college course would benefit from peripheral information (that is how I used them).
- If you ever thought you might want to teach, write or “speak” you should listen just to get these lecture’s “lecture patterns” into your head.
- Anyone deeply interested in a topic of a historical nature, Politics, History, Religion, would benefit more from taking real College-level courses than from reading websites or consumer-level books on the topic.
Are they expensive?
- Some are, but they have frequent sales, and if you don’t need the actual, physical “thing” on your bookshelf you can just download the audio and the course guide very reasonably.
- Your library probably has Teaching Company courses if you want to try a complete course without necessarily owning it.
The question people usually ask is… DVD or AUDIO?
- I find that for me, Audio is best because I listen in the truck or when I walk. Courses on DVD are great if you want to watch on your TV or computer, or with someone else.
- We have WWII and the History of Western Civilization on DVD and they are great, lots of maps, art, scenery.
- I have more than several but less than many on audio and listen to bits and pieces all the time, even on short drives.
Check out these video clips for a wee taste of their offerings, then be sure to <share> this post so your friends can watch them too!
|Dear Inga Thornell,These 12 video clips have been specially selected so you can enjoy gems from some of our most popular Astronomy, History, and Fine Arts courses.Watch and you will
Watch these video clips and get insights into Spring rituals. Feel free to forward this email to friends and family who might also enjoy them.
As always, thank you for being our customer, and we hope you continue to enjoy The Great Courses. Your passion for learning is our reason for being!
Thank you so much for sharing those! Can’t wait to watch them! I LOVE Stravinsky – he really knew the Goddess, and expressed Her perfectly in his music. I recently listened to his Firefly performed by the BBC Philharmonic orchestra – magical!
You betcha, the only sad part is… the clips are short. so sorry (
I agree with the magical nature of Firefly, I’ll have to go a rev that one up myself- Thanks for reminding me of it! >^..^<