Answer: There have only been two confirmed cases of children being killed by poisoned Halloween candy, and in both cases, they were killed intentionally by one of their parents. With those two exceptions, no child has been killed or seriously injured by Halloween candy.
Did you trick or treat? Did a parent check your candy?
My dad used to insist on checking my candy but I was sure it was so he could get first dibs on any Milk Duds I may have gotten! 😉
Click here for more debunked Halloween “facts”
- A Brief History of Sick People Tampering With Halloween Candy (mentalfloss.com)