I read about her and decided to share her with you. I hope you enjoy her blog and are as touched by her story as I am.
Click here to read Heather’s page.
Facts about mesothelioma and asbestos
- Every year around 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma, a deadly cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
- Did you know ASBESTOS IS STILL NOT BANNED IN THE US? Roughly 30 million pounds are still used each year.
- Even more than 30 years after the peak of its use, asbestos exposure is still the NUMBER ONE cause of occupational cancer in the US.
- Navy Veterans are at the greatest risk to develop mesothelioma as asbestos was widely used in Naval ships and shipyards.
- New Study Finds Occupation Unrelated to ‘Latency Period’ in Mesothelioma, According to Surviving Mesothelioma (prweb.com)
- Mesothelioma: Two Groundbreaking Trials Into Treatments for Asbestos-Related Cancer (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Four Scary Mesotelioma Facts (Infographic) (cultureblog.co.uk)
- The Signs and Symptoms of Mesothelioma (cancer.answers.com)
- The Global Crisis of Mesothelioma (stateofglobe.com)